Order an original top nursing paper on NURS 8300 Week 8: The Role of Teams in Quality Improvement Essay Assignment
NURS 8300 Week 8: The Role of Teams in Quality Improvement Essay Assignment
Effective teamwork is essential for helping a health care organization achieve its objectives and meet patients’ needs. This week provides an opportunity to deepen your knowledge about groups and teams. You explore the characteristics of effective teams, strategies for engaging and keeping team members invested, and how organizational theory can guide and support these efforts. As a DNP-prepared nurse, you will likely play a central role in both establishing and leading interprofessional teams.
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Define membership and roles for effective quality improvement teams
- Critique the application of organizational theory in team processes
GET THE SOLUTION TO THE PAPER. ORDER A CUSTOM-WRITTEN, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER NURS 8300 Week 8: The Role of Teams in Quality Improvement Essay Assignment
Discussion: Welcome to the Week 8 Small Group Discussion Area!
Note: Weeks 8 and 9 are linked together in an assignment that is completed within your group. Each group will receive the same grade for the final powerpoint submission at the end of Week 9. Each individual will receive a unique grade in Week 8 which is based on your individual contribution to the small group discussion boards in both weeks, and the slides that you contribute to the PowerPoint.
Root Cause Analysis
As a case study team, prepare a 10 slide power-point using tools provided in this case study to present your rationale and validation of the root causes your team has chosen. Be sure to include at least 4 peer reviewed research studies which evoke validation of the latest patient safety evidence in support of your root cause findings. Also address the extent to which this scenario evokes implication for value based purchasing.
To prepare for Week 8:
- Read the case study posted in doc sharing in its entirety.
- Appoint a team facilitator and divide the work between you.
Week 8 Discussion:
- Engage in dialogue to answer the questions posed in the case study.
In order to accomplish the IOM mandate for safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered care in a complex environment, healthcare professionals must function as highly collaborative teams …
—AACN (2006, p. 14)
The dynamic and increasingly complex world of health care often requires professionals to work collaboratively on interdisciplinary teams. In the team environment, individuals with unique skills and expertise come together to focus on a common goal, developing solutions that none of them could have accomplished alone. Selecting members to serve on teams and supporting team members as they begin their work are important responsibilities.
What can you as a leader do to engage team members? What conditions motivate individuals to contribute toward quality improvement by participating on a team? How can leadership encourage those working on the team to respond appropriately in a challenging situation? What management theories can support your efforts at developing an effective team? In this Discussion, you consider various strategies for promoting quality in health care organizations through effective team leadership.
Reference: American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/publications/position/DNPEssentials.pdf
- Assemble in small groups for the Week 8 and Week 9 Discussions (groups will be assigned by the instructor in week 7).
- Read the Case Study ‘Per-operative Services in major medical centers’, assigned in your Week 8 Learning Resources.
- Assign roles within the group to analyze the case study for week 9, and take a position as a group.
By Day 3
Post your response.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 7
Respond to two of your colleagues in your small group in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
More NURS 8300 Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement Walden Nursing Essays;
NURS 8300 Week 1: Quality Improvement Milestones
NURS 8300 Week 2: Definitions of Quality
NURS 8300 Week 3: Drivers of Quality Management in Healthcare
NURS 8300 Week 4: Specific Measurements in Health Care
NURS 8300 Week 5: System Management of Populations
NURS 8300 Week 6: Organizational and Leadership Strategies to Improve Patient Safety and Quality
NURS 8300 Week 7: Determining Organizational Priorities for Quality Improvement
NURS 8300 Week 8: The Role of Teams in Quality Improvement
NURS 8300 Week 9: The Application of Quality Improvement Models in Organizations and Systems
NURS 8300 Week 10: The Application of Process Improvement Models in Organizations and Systems, Part II Recommendation
NURS 8300 Week 11: Measurement for Change