Week 1 Discussion
Competencies for Nurse Practitioners: The Consensus Model for APRN Regulation has brought about changes in the competencies for nurse practitioners. There are Core Competencies for all nurse practitioner populations and include both MSN and DNP degrees. Review your Learning Resources Page to examine the Core Competencies.
Family/Across the Lifespan Competencies
Adult-Gerontology NP competencies
The major categories of family/across the lifespan competencies include the following: Scientific Foundation; Leadership; Quality; Practice Inquiry; Technology and Information Literacy; Policy; Health Delivery System; Ethics; and Independent Practice. In this Discussion, you explore the nine competencies and their application to the clinical setting.
The adult-gerontology NP competencies are different and students in that specialty should become familiar with them.
Get nursing paper help on Core Competencies for Nurse Practitioners
To prepare for Core Competencies for Nurse Practitioners:
Review this week’s media presentation with Dr. Terry Buttaro, as well as the “Nurse Practitioner Self-Appraisal Guide” in the Learning Resources. Review the Consensus Model for APRN Regulation and the National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculties Core Competencies and population foci competencies.
Consider the following nine competencies (Note: By Day 1 of this week, your Instructor will assign you to post on one of these nine competencies):
Technology and Information Literacy
Health Delivery System
Reflect on the category that was assigned to you by the Course Instructor. Think about how you would implement this competency in a clinical setting. Consider evidence-based clinical practice.
Post on or before Day 3 a brief description of the competency that was assigned to you. With your competency description in mind, explain how you would implement it in a clinical setting. Support your rationale with evidence from current research.
- Assignment: Core Competencies of Nurse Educator
- NR 524 Week 1 Self-Assessment of NLN Nurse Educator Core Competencies Assignment
- NR 524 Self-Assessment of NLN Nurse Educator Core Competencies Week 8 Assignment
- Assignment: NR 536 Self-Assessment of NLN Nurse Educator Core Competencies
- Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competencies
- NR 510 Week 7 Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies
- Adult gerontology nurse practitioner core competencies
- Nurse of the Future (NOF) Nursing Core Competencies (NCC)
- NR 351 Week 1 Discussion Topic, Nurse of the Future (NOF) Nursing Core Competencies (NCC)
- NR 351 Week 1 Discussion Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competencies