Order an original top nursing paper on NURS 8100 Week 10: Nursing and Health Policy: The International Perspective
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A Week 10: Nursing and Health Policy: The International Perspective
To be a professional nurse today means having a world view. With the internationalization of health care issues, it is important to broaden your perspective and explore international health policy and nursing practice.
This week, you will focus on global health care policy. You will examine the nursing profession through an international lens, as well as investigate global efforts to promote health policies and improve health care delivery around the world.
Learning Objectives : NURS8100/8100F/8100M/8100A: Healthcare Policy and Advocacy Essay Assignment
- Compare and contrast U.S. nursing or health-related policies with those of another country
- Evaluate the role of international nursing or health organizations in developing or supporting nursing policy
GET THE SOLUTION TO THE PAPER. ORDER A CUSTOM-WRITTEN, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER NURS 8100 Week 10: Nursing and Health Policy: The International Perspective
Discussion: Nursing and Health Policy in Other Nations
Think for a moment about nurses who relocate because of professional opportunities. How could such a seemingly personal decision have a detrimental impact on global health care? As presented in this week’s Learning Resources, nurse migration is of global concern. In response to this issue, international health care organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Council of Nurses (ICN) have positioned themselves to craft related policy as a solution. This is just one example of a global nursing policy effort.
- With information from the Learning Resources in mind, select a U.S. nursing- or health-related policy.
- Search the web and locate a similar policy in another country.
- Consider how the two policies are similar and dissimilar.
- Was an international organization involved in promoting the policies? If not, should they have been?
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Post information on the nursing or health-related policies you located including a reference to the source.
- Indicate the country you are comparing to the U.S.
- Compare and contrast the two policies. What insights did you gain as a result of this comparison?
- What is the role of international organizations in developing policy? Provide a specific example.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
NURS 8100 Nursing and Health Policy: The International Perspective
More NURS 8100 Healthcare Policy and Advocacy Walden Nursing Essays;
NURS 8100 Week 1: The Health Care System, Part 1
NURS 8100 Week 2: The Health Care System, Part 2
NURS 8100 Week 3: The Policy Process
NURS 8100 Week 4: Policy Analysis Frameworks
NURS 8100 Week 5: Economic and Technological Influences on Policy
NURS 8100 Week 6: Ethical and Legal Implications of Policy
NURS 8100 Week 7: Professional Organizations’ Role in Health Care Policy
NURS 8100 Week 8: Federal Role in Health Care Policy
NURS 8100 Week 9: State and Local Role in Health Care Policy
NURS 8100 Week 10: Nursing and Health Policy: The International Perspective
NURS 8100 Week 11: Policy and Practice