Order Now for a top nursing paper on NURS 6411 Week 2: Application of the Data-Information-Knowledge Model to Database Design Essay Assignment
NURS 6411 Week 2: Application of the Data-Information-Knowledge Model to Database Design Essay Assignment
Consider the human brain, a marvel of data collection, interpretation, and application. The brain receives data from a variety of sensors, including the eyes, ears, and skin. It is also involved in internal processes related to heart beat, blood pressure, breathing, and movement. The brain uses data from these multiple sources to make meaning and formulate sophisticated interpretations, which can then be used for decision making.
Similarly, modern data management systems collect, store, analyze, and synthesize data into information. Sharing and applying that information can help advance the development of knowledge. This process of translating data into practical knowledge is illustrated in the data-information-knowledge model.
This week, you investigate information management practices within a health care organization.
- Analyze benefits of information management analyses
- Analyze the connection between mission statement and information management practices
- Evaluate the use of the data-information-knowledge model to improve practice within health care organizations
Write my nursing paper for me on NURS 6411 Week 2: Application of the Data-Information-Knowledge Model to Database Design Essay Assignment
Discussion: Information Management in Practice
The applications of an information management system are only as functional as the humans and computing processes working with the system. In her study in the Journal of Nursing Management, Phillips (2005) refers to good information management as “the use of all information, through organized systems of all forms, whether based on human endeavors, paper methods or information technology” (p. 525). Ultimately, all of an organization’s information use should be in support of its mission. In order for information to be as usable as Phillips suggests, it must progress through the data-information-knowledge continuum. Analyzing an organization’s information management practices helps streamline the conversion of raw data into information that can be used to create knowledge.
In this Discussion, you focus on the information management practices within a health care organization and consider how these practices help support the mission statement of the organization.
- Referring to the Phillips statement above and this week’s Learning Resources, consider how your current or previous work setting could benefit from an information management analysis.
- Locate the mission statement for your health care organization or an organization with which you are familiar. Consider how current information management practices support the organization’s mission statement. If there is a lack of evidence of support, what changes could be made to strengthen these practices?
- Reflect on how data is organized into information, and the information is then used to create knowledge. How is this data-information-knowledge model used in your organization? Consider how using this model could improve practice within your organization.
By Day 3
Post a brief description of your selected organization’s information management practices and an explanation of how the organization could benefit from an information management analysis. Explain the degree to which the organization’s current information management practices support its mission statement and provide suggestions for strengthening these practices. Evaluate the use of the data-information-knowledge model within your selected organization and provide suggestions for how it could be used to improve practice within the organization.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Suggest an additional way that the data-information-knowledge process could be used to improve practice.
Get nursing help on NURS 6411 Week 2: Application of the Data-Information-Knowledge Model to Database Design from top nursing papers essay writers. Quality, top nursing papers guaranteed.
More NURS 6411 Information and Knowledge Management Walden Essay Assignments :
NURS 6411 Week 1: Overview of Information and Database Management Systems
NURS 6411 Week 2: Application of the Data-Information-Knowledge Model to Database Design
NURS 6411 Week 3: Data Concepts, Design, and Modeling
NURS 6411 Week 4: Relational and Entity Relationship Modeling
NURS 6411 Week 5: Fundamentals of Relational Databases in Microsoft Access, Part 1
NURS 6411 Week 6: Fundamentals of Relational Databases in Microsoft Access, Part 2
NURS 6411 Week 7: Database Normalization
NURS 6411 Week 8: Database Administration and Security
NURS 6411 Week 9: Information to Knowledge: Data Mining and Warehousing
NURS 6411 Week 10: Clinical Decision Support Systems
NURS 6411 Week 11: Standardized Terminologies Applied to Health Care
You may ensure that you will have the best possible nursing qualifications by using online nursing papers to provide you an advantage in your nursing school work. If you let us write your nursing paper, you will get to experience the magnificence of our nursing writers, who will provide you with nursing papers that are properly researched.