Order Now for a top nursing paper on NURS 6351 Week 9: Ethical and Legal Issues in Nursing Education Essay Assignment
NURS 6351 Week 9: Ethical and Legal Issues in Nursing Education Essay Assignment
Reflect on your experiences as a nursing student and as a nurse. How did you become aware of expectations surrounding ethical and legal matters in various academic and/or professional settings? For instance, did you learn about ethical and legal guidelines through printed manuals or codes of conduct, explicit instruction, role modeling, or corrective actions? Do you recall specific nurse educators who impressed upon you the importance of engaging in ethically and legally responsible conduct? What ethical and/or legal matters have you, as a nurse, addressed with patients and families? What strategies have you used to promote a full understanding of these matters and encourage intentional, well-measured action?
As a nurse educator, it is imperative that you guide learners toward appropriate behavior, which may vary depending on whether the learners are students in academic institutions, nursing staff, or patients and families. Beyond that, you must be aware of the ethical and legal principles that should inform your work as an educator and as a member of the organization in which you work.
This week, you examine ethical and legal considerations that are significant for your role as a nurse educator. You also continue to work on previously introduced course assignments. This week, you explore developing an abstract for a poster session sponsored by the Walden University School of Nursing, Phi Nu Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau that could be accepted and presented at a Walden Graduation.
Order Now for a top nursing paper on NURS 6351 Week 9: Ethical and Legal Issues in Nursing Education
- Analyze legal and ethical challenges relevant to the nurse educator role
- Analyze strategies nurse educators can use for minimizing and managing legal and ethical violations
- Develop an abstract for a poster presentation*
- Evaluate authentic educational opportunities in health care settings**
- Analyze a Practicum experience in the context of nursing education***
- Construct a detailed Practicum log**
- Analyze issues, responsibilities, and experiences of teachers and learners in the context of nursing education
- Evaluate evidence that demonstrates professional growth for inclusion in a professional portfolio
Discussion: Ethical and Legal Parameters for Nurse Educators
Health care is a highly regulated industry. For instance, scope of practice for nurses and other health care professionals is typically well defined. For educators, there are fewer laws and requirements to guide practice. Yet, it is important to be aware of and know how to navigate the ethical and legal parameters that surround nursing education. In addition, as a nurse educator, you serve as a role model for your learners and are responsible for creating an ethically and legally sound learning environment.
In this Discussion, you explore ethical and legal challenges that may emerge in nursing education.
To prepare :
- Reflect on your examination of issues surrounding struggling learners and underperformance in Week 6. What legal and ethical considerations came to your attention as you evaluated strategies for identifying and addressing related challenges?
- Think about the ethical and legal matters addressed this week. Consider, for example, issues related to intellectual property, copyright infringement, cheating, plagiarism, and inclusion of services for learners with disabilities.
- Conduct a search of the literature and examine cases involving ethical and legal matters in nursing education. Select one case/example that involves an ethical and/or a legal challenge. Consider why this issue requires your attention, and note questions that arise for you regarding the guidelines nurse educators should follow related to this issue.
By Day 3
Post a description of a legal and/or ethical challenge, and explain how and why it might be significant to your role as a nurse educator. Identify any questions you have related to this challenge, and explain how you would follow up to learn more or solicit help if you encountered this issue in your Practicum setting or another institution.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least one of your colleagues by proposing strategies for minimizing and managing legal challenges, and respond to at least one other colleague on a different day by proposing strategies for minimizing and managing ethical challenges.
Get NURS 6351 Week 9: Ethical and Legal Issues in Nursing Education Essay Assignment nursing paper from our top nursing papers writers.
More NURS 6351: Role of the Nurse Educator Walden Assignments:
NURS 6351 Week 1: Nurse Educator Competencies and Role Change
NURS 6351 Complexities of the Nurse Educator Role
NURS 6351 Week 3: Relationships in the Immediate Environment
NURS 6351 Week 4: Relationships Within Organizations
NURS 6351 Week 5: Diversity of Learners
Addressing Learner Performance Challenges NURS 6351 Essay Assignment Help
NURS 6351 Relationships That Foster Growth
NURS 6351 Week 8: Advancement in the Nurse Educator Role
NURS 6351 Week 9: Ethical and Legal Issues in Nursing Education
NURS 6351 Week 10: Moving Forward in a Nursing Education Career