NR 510 DeVry Week 7 APN Professional Development Plan Latest
APN Professional Development Plan
The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to explore the role of the advanced practice nurse (APN) and develop an APN professional development plan.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
CO1: Synthesize knowledge and concepts from advanced practice nursing with supporting disciplines as a foundation for APN/specialty nurse practitioner practice that is culturally competent and population-specific (PO #1).
CO3: Assimilate primary care competencies into APN/specialty nurse practitioner practice that exemplify professional values, scholarship, service, and culturally competent global awareness and support ongoing professional and personal development.(PO #5)
CO5: Contribute to the body of advanced practice nursing knowledge through participation in systematic inquiry, utilization of evidence-based practice, and dissemination of findings to support high-quality care and healthcare innovation.(PO #9)
CO9: Evaluate strategies for contract negotiation, CV/resume writing, credentialing, national board certification, hospital privileges, and reimbursement (PO #8).
CO 10: Develop visionary leadership skills that combine best evidence with nursing expertise to support quality improvement, safety, and change across healthcare organizations and systems (PO #1, 3, 8, and 9).
CO 11: Differentiate leadership strategies that strengthen inter professional collaboration and incorporate an ethic of care, values, and ethical principles into the role of the nurse leader across healthcare organizations and systems (PO #2, 4, 5, 6, and 7).
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week7
Total Points Possible: 200
1. To complete this application, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library.
2. The APN Professional Development Plan paper is worth 200 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
3. Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word 2007 (a part of Microsoft Office 2007), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word 2007 document because it will end in “.docx”
4. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum.
5. The length of the paper is to be no less than 6 and no greater than 8 pages excluding title page and reference pages.
6. APA (2010) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
a. Introduction to the APN professional development plan
b. APN Scope of Practice
c. Personal Assessment
d. Networking and Marketing Strategies
Preparing the paper
The following are best practices for preparing this paper:
1. Review Chapter 30- Role Transition: Strategies for Success in the Marketplace in DeNisco and Barker (2015).
2. Nurse Practitioners need to take into account the state rules and regulations that guide advanced practice. Research and review the Nurse Practice Act and APN scope of practice guidelines in your particular state. Identify information regarding educational requirements, licensure and regulatory requirements, as well as practice environment details. Review information regarding full, limited, or restricted practice limitations as well as prescriptive authority.
3. Review Guidelines for APN Role Transition Using Benner’s Self-Assessment Tool in Course Resources. Prior to engaging in pursuit for employment, APNs should complete a comprehensive, honest, affirmative personal assessment to identify their strengths and weaknesses as well as their goals and objectives. Research assessment tools, conduct a personal assessment, and reflect upon your strengths, weaknesses, goals, and objectives.
4. To complete the transition from students to expert nurse practitioners working in the healthcare field, graduating APN students will need to secure their first position. Research local and national professional organizations that advertise employment opportunities for APNs. Identify networking and marketing strategies and provide a rationale for your selections.
5. Write your Curriculum Vitae (CV). Refer to the template on pages 772-773 in DeNisco and Barker (2015). Your CV should not exceed 2 pages in length.
6. When concluding the paper, summarize important aspects of the APN professional development plan.