NURS 6050 Professional Nursing and State-Level Regulations Nursing writing help
Laureate Education (Producer). (2018). Regulation [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
- Compare state/regional board of nursing regulations
- Compare boards of nursing and professional nurse associations
- Analyze members of boards of nursing
- Analyze state regulations for healthcare
NURS 6050 Professional Nursing and State-Level Regulations Discussion
Boards of Nursing (BONs) exist in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Virgin Islands. Similar entities may also exist for different regions. The mission of BONs is the protection of the public through the regulation of nursing practice. BONs put into practice state/region regulations for nurses that, among other things, lay out the requirements for licensure and define the scope of nursing practice in that state/region.
It can be a valuable exercise to compare regulations among various state/regional boards of nursing. Doing so can help share insights that could be useful should there be future changes in a state/region. In addition, nurses may find the need to be licensed in multiple states or regions.
Looking for ;
Institute of Medicine Report – The Future of Nursing?
IOM Future of nursing essay assignment?
IOM Future of nursing recommendations essay assignment?
IOM report the future of nursing: leading change, advancing health essay assignment?
The vision of nursing for the future essay assignment?
Influencing the future of nursing and health care essay assignment?
- Review the Resources and reflect on the mission of state/regional boards of nursing as the protection of the public through the regulation of nursing practice.
- Consider how key regulations may impact nursing practice.
- Review key regulations for nursing practice of your state’s/region’s board of nursing and those of at least one other state/region and select at least two APRN regulations to focus on for this Discussion..
By Day 3 of Week 5
Post a comparison of at least two APRN board of nursing regulations in your state/region with those of at least one other state/region. Describe how they may differ. Be specific and provide examples. Then, explain how the regulations you selected may apply to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) who have legal authority to practice within the full scope of their education and experience. Provide at least one example of how APRNs may adhere to the two regulations you selected.
By Day 6 of Week 5
Respond to at least two of your colleagues* on two different days and explain how the regulatory environment and the regulations selected by your colleague differ from your state/region. Be specific and provide examples.
*Note: Throughout this program, your fellow students are referred to as colleagues.